WHY HIRE A COACH?
JUST LIKE IN SPORTS, A COACH:
- helps the client access her own innate talent and aptitude
- has expert knowledge of the topic at hand
- has an advantageous external perspective to share
- teaches new skills
- helps set the strategy
- points out key (strategic) areas for improvement
- keeps morale and motivation high
- holds the client accountable for her action plans and daily (work) performance
- supports the client through personal and professional triumphs and failures
- sets an example for how to lead in the world
…and a Brava coach can provide those services for you in your personal and professional development and help you evolve into the leader everyone wishes they had, worked with, or wants to be!
HOW COACHING WORKS
THE FUNDAMENTALS OF A SUCCESSFUL COACHING RELATIONSHIP
Here are the basic expectations we have when we enter into a coaching relationship with a client. These traits are reciprocal; both coach and client are expected to engage with these essentials as a foundation for building forward together.
The coach is not an authority figure, but a partner with your best intentions at heart - both coach and client must have faith in each other's capabilities and motives; ultimately, you, the client, have final say in the decisions that get made to target your desired goals.
The client is ready and willing to make changes to her behavior and circumstances, and is prepared to invest the time it takes to achieve her goals, including both attending sessions with focused attention, completing actions steps in between sessions, and implementing changes in her work and personal lives.
The client must be willing to let her guard down, be transparent and honest with her thoughts and feelings, ask for help, and be willing to receive it; coaches always respect confidentiality and are equally vulnerable and transparent when sharing their own similar experiences.
Most coaching work revolves around shifting mental perspectives to see things in a new light, in order to uncover root causes that are tripping you up or holding you back from your vision and potential. The shift is often from negative to positive, from other-focused to self-focused, so you can live in your strengths and work within the bounds of what you have control over. (Hint: Only your thoughts, feelings, and actions!)
The coach will home in on your unique strengths, so that rather than focusing on what's wrong, she'll point out what's strong, and leverage those traits and behaviors in your action plans.
The client will prioritize her development through coaching, making time for intentional work with the assigned action steps in between sessions and practicing new skills and behaviors in her daily professional life so she can grow into her leadership prowess.
Change and personal improvement take time, so it is best to enter into a coaching commitment with the expectation of working with your coach for at least six months, meeting for an hour every week or two, and dedicating up to an hour in between sessions to complete targeted development assignments/action steps as discussed and agreed upon in each session.
Both coach and client will regularly applaud and celebrate wins, large and small. All progress should be recognized, internalized, and relished to help build self-efficacy and sustain motivation toward the larger goal and vision!
It takes courage to admit you need help and to hire a coach, and it takes courage to make the time and commitment to show up and work on improving yourself. If you are ready to take that impressive step, BRAVA! We look forward to working with you and watching you thrive as the star you inherently are!
LEADERSHIP & EXECUTIVE COACHING
- feeling like an imposter in your (new) leadership role and/or overwhelmed with your responsibilities?
- struggling with an innate desire to be liked, despite knowing you need to be respected as the boss even when that means occasionally upsetting others?
- discovering you don’t know how to effectively develop people, causing you to miss performance expectations?
- feeling lonely at the top, with no one to entrust with your concerns or feelings?
- feeling like you need support from someone who can provide an impartial perspective and help you to make better decisions?
- the token woman and feeling too much pressure to behave in ways that do not sit well with you?
- struggling to integrate your personal and professional lives?
If you answered “Yes!” to any of these questions or have other leadership struggles, Brava will help you overcome your challenge(s). We provide a supportive, honest, action-oriented, and inspirational coaching relationship while maintaining confidentiality and curiosity to get to the root of your issues so you can understand yourself and your environment better and take more effective actions moving forward.
Your Brava coach will ask the right questions, provide accountability, support, leadership and organizational science expertise, and practical action steps. Additionally, she will help you create and achieve SMART goals, leveraging the latest design thinking practices and on-the-job development research for personal and professional career growth, as well as (executive) leadership effectiveness, success, and influence.
Schedule your FREE consultation session! Tell us about your circumstances and ask all the questions you want. We’ll explain how we will work with you to navigate your unique challenges so that you can inspire everyone around you with your wealth of experience and personal expertise!
CAREER & LIFE COACHING
- feeling stuck in a job that isn’t meaningful or rewarding, but don’t know how to make the leap to what your heart desires?
- not entirely clear on what that next fulfilling life goal is?
- not sure how to get a new job or sustain your economic security due to age discrimination or other obstacles?
- needing guidance or accountability in planning and developing your next phase of your life?
- know what you want to do, but don’t see a clear path?
- struggling to balance your personal and professional lives?
- struggling to retire, for one reason or another?
- adjusting to life as an empty nester, widow, divorcée, new parent or experiencing another big life change, and don’t know how to move forward in a purposeful way?
If you answered “Yes!” to any of these questions or have discovered any other adversity related to your status quo, Brava will help you overcome your challenge(s). We provide a supportive, honest, action-oriented, and inspirational coaching relationship while maintaining confidentiality and curiosity to get to the root of your issues so you can understand yourself and your environment better and take more catalytic, effective actions moving forward.
Your Brava coach will ask the right questions, provide accountability, support, psychology and organizational science expertise, and practical action steps. Additionally, she will help you create and achieve SMART goals, leveraging the latest design thinking practices and personal development research to help you live the fulfilling life you’re craving!
Schedule your FREE consultation session! Tell us about your circumstances and ask all the questions you want. We’ll explain how we will work with you to navigate your unique challenges so that you can inspire everyone around you with your bold fortitude and abundant, radiating joy!